Sunday 12 October 2014

Shop locally!!!!

So, as you can tell, I've had these photos for a while :) but since that kind of weather is back around and I'm finding myself going for this outfit again, I thought it might be high time I write about it, too! :)



The photos have been taken in lovely York, when hubby and I went for a night's break at the Cedar Court - you must have a go at staying there! Amazing place! We are going back at the end of the month and I'm hoping I could get some lovely photos and info together for a post, so stay tuned! :)




I live in a small town and you tend to know most people, especially the ones that own your favorite shops, which is why shopping locally has become quite important to me in the recent years!

Obviously, no one or nothing can keep me away from Zara, Topshop, Accessorize etc, but I do make the concious decision to buy locally whenever I can!

And this gorgeous polka dot two piece is from one of Malton's very own little fashion 'outlet', Smash and I absolutely love it! It's got an open back and it's oversized so can hide a multitude of sins! And the white shirt underneath can easily be worn on it's own, while at the beach, so you never need to pack this baby away, no matter the season! :)





The grey biker leggings were purchased a few years ago from Internacionale, a shop which seems to have disappeared :(, and so I dread the day when they become unwearable; the little cat years cross body quilted bag is from Asos (still available, just follow the link) and the gorgeous white/silver fringed loafers were a fab find at Clarks, my favorite go to place for shoes of late! :)


Do you try and shop locally? Do you get involved in issues that might affect your town?


Well, I hope you all are having a fab weekend and the week ahead looks promising! :)

Until we meet again,

All my love,
D
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I like the grey/silver tones through your outfit, the loafers are exactly my taste.
    It's so miserable and rainy here today that its lovely to see blossom in your photos
    www.quitequaint.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun! Love those loafers! Clarks are fast becoming one of my favourite places to shop - danger, danger!!!! :)
      Hope the weather is brighter this weekend at your end! :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. very beautiful pictures look great
    http://keepcalmandreadmorebooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, gorgeous!! Loved your last post! Need that jacket in my life! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much, Helen! Had a look at your blog - one of my favs now! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete