Sunday 27 April 2014

Mr. Fox ... Mulder

There is always a series that defines your youth, and there have been many of such series to speak of in my life, like Friends, Sex and The City, Beverly Hills 91210, Ally McBeal...

But if I were to pick one that defined my teenage years, it must be The X Files!!! :)

I could go on forever about The X Files, but I shall spare you this time and only mention the fact that it was because of this series I can understand and moderately speak French! :) Can you figure that one out?! haha

Anyway, as soon as I saw this Mr. Fox dress on Asos, I knew exactly what the title of this post would be! :)








This smock dress from Asos is made out of jersey fabric which is so easy to wear and upkeep (I'm the biggest fan of fabrics that need no ironing! :)) and has a high waist which is fab for hiding the extra 'rolls' you may want to keep to yourself until you get in shape for Summer! :)

The star accessory for this outfit has to be the Fox Mulder brooch I have sourced out in one of Kate's (from Scathingly Brilliant ) online shop and which I love to bits! :)







Kate has 2 very unique little online shops, with such things as funny brooches and other jewellery as well as fab artwork and doodles! :) Definitely worth having a look here: Scathingly Brilliant.



I love orange, one of the happiest colours I know!!! :)

So I have picked this colour to add the accessories needed to make this outfit as fun as I possibly can! :)

The Boden Penny Loafers were a last year treat :) and they are unfortunately out of stock at the moment, but  will hopefully be brought back as I would love the mint version :), the bag is from Next, the socks are from New Look and finally, my coat is from Mango.



I would love to know if there are any kindred spirits amongst you, who also believe the truth is out there! :) But short of that, which were your favourite series growing up?

As always I would love to read anything you might have to say :), and until then I hope you'll all have a great week! :)

Until we meet again :)

All my love,
D
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Helloooo gorgeous!

    Ahhh how adorable is that fox dress - really love how you've styled it the colours are gorgeous!

    Also, the X files used to TERRIFY me!! I'll always remember this one episode where there were some evil red eyes in the floor and for years after on a night I was scared to stand on the floor when it got dark hahaha. I guess I was a little whimp lol!

    Have a great tuesday!

    Gabby @ What She Buys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, lovely and thank you for the kind words! :)
      Can't believe X Files terrified you!!! haha Never really scared me, I guess I was distracted by something! haha
      Have a great week!!!
      xxx

      Delete